Online Registration is now OPEN!
About the Academy
Our 2017 Communications Academy theme is:
"Public Safety/Public Service:
Supporting Our Communitieswith Emergency Communications,"
Communications Academy is a non-profit coalition of volunteer communications teams to provide a high quality, professional-grade training opportunity for the various emergency communications teams around the Pacific Northwest. By providing a once-a-year large-scale venue for training, volunteer communicators are exposed to topics in emergency management, communications techniques and protocols, real-life emergency responses, and other pertinent subjects, which might not otherwise be available to them.
In past years the academy has been able to attract several nationally known speakers for the keynote sessions.
The Communications Academy is open to anyone with an interest in emergency communications, volunteer or professional. The presentations are designed to promote the development of knowledgeable, skilled emergency communicators who will support their local communities during a disaster or emergency response.
The planning committee for the Communications Academy includes members from the following volunteer communications organizations:
- Kirk Bellar, N7UK, ARES/RACES of King County, DEC
- Tom Cloonan, NL7FQ, W. WA. Medical Services
- Jon Newstrom, KL7GT, Seattle ACS
- Jon Bromberg, W1JDB, Eastside Fire & Rescue
- Curt Black, WR5J, Seattle ACS/West Seattle Radio Club
- Richard Green, KR7L, W. WA. Medical Services
- Alan Jones, KD7KUS, W. WA. Medical Services
- Khris LaPlante, KB7FHQ, W. WA. Medical Services
- Lisa Marker, K7LAM, Shoreline ACS
- Mark Shepard, N7LYE, Seattle ACS RACES Officer
- Pat Shinners, W7GTO, W. WA Medical Services Communications / Seattle ACS
- Marina Zuetell, N7LSL, W. WA. Medical Services Communications, ASEC
- Mike Maloy, KF7DTI, ACS/MST and James Zuetell, KC7KBS, MST - Webmasters.